Clogged drains can quickly cause larger issues in your home, from water damage to your flooring, walls, furniture and appliances to costly plumbing replacement. Call Denny’s at first sign of slowly draining sinks, tubs or toilets not flushing properly.
The top five drain-clogging culprits:
- Grease – Grease goes into your pipes as liquid, but congeals as it cools and can create a blockage
- Paper – Paper towels, cigarettes, and feminine hygiene products should not be flushed because they don’t break down like toilet paper inside your system
- Food – Some food shouldn’t go down your drain even with a garbage disposal system and can get stuck and cause a blockage. Some foods to avoid putting down the disposal are Potato peels, coffee grounds, egg shells, grease, and pasta.
- Hair – Hair clogs can build up over time, so be sure to use a filter or strainer to collect the hairs before they enter the drain system
- Bath salts – Many salts used in the bathtub do not easily dissolve and can build up in your drain, gradually causing clogs.
Denny’s Plumbing team is available for quick, reliable service for any drain issues in your home.